Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Thoughts on Bloomington

As of right now, our top choice for schools is Indiana in Bloomington. Yesterday Cameron and I did a little research on Bloomington. It turns out that it is very very similar to Provo in the size of the town. About 70% of the population are students so there are a LOT of rental units and apartments for about the same price as in Provo. It's about 40 miles from Indianapolis (similar to Provo to Salt Lake) and the cost of living is actually thought to be slightly lower in Bloomington than in Provo.
The weather is very similar to Provo, getting up to averages in the high 80s in the summer and down to lows around 20 in the winter time. Not much snow - we would really be practically in Kentucky.
There are 3 wards in Bloomington plus a university student ward. Bloomington is in the Louisville, Kentucky temple district (it's about 2 hours away) but is also 4 hours from the Colombus, Ohio, St Louis, Missouri, and the Chicago, Illinois temples.
There are two national forests and a national wildlife refuge plus quite a few historic landmarks in the County. All in all, I don't think I'd mind living there one bit.

2 comments:

Lisa Puga said...

Sounds like a nice place for you. Moving is exciting.

Annette said...

Sounds pretty good. I can't wait to see where you actually decide to go. If I got to choose, U of U would be about as far away as I would have you go. (I bet Liz would agree!) Good thing we don't really have a say in the matter, right?