Monday, June 22, 2009

Mayhem at the Marriott

The last few weeks have been quite the adventure. On the 9th of this month I went to work as usual only to find out that my boss was fired and we were not to contact him at all. This left me with a whole department to run including two new interns. Well, needless to say the last two weeks have been quite stressful. There were employees to train and summer employees to interview and then hire. There were department meetings and schedules and budgeting to carry out but without any idea where my boss had left off. It was a lot of hunting and guessing and mainly pretending to know what I was doing.
So after two weeks of running around with my head cut off and much thought, I declined the position of recreation manager and opted instead to keep the recreation supervisor position. By the end of the week they should have a new manager who can worry about paying the bills and disciplining the employees and taking the blame for all that goes wrong and I will be back to my schedule writing, worry-free days of fun at the Marriott.
It has definitely been a learning experience and I am grateful for the job that the managers do.

1 comment:

Grace Face said...

holy cow. that is drama. You're kind of my hero. i could not do what you do.