Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Some Reflections on 2008

Happy New Year!!

I love new year's because it is always a time to look back on the past year and all the wonderful things that have happened. This has been an extremely eventful year full of more blessings than I could list. Here are a few of my favorite highlights from this past year.
January - Andrew got home from his mission; We celebrated Christmas on January 4th; Cameron returned from Christmas break and we continued to date every once in a while (I also started dating two or three other people); Loved working at Sundance and began learning to snowboard

February - Snowboarding all the time at work; All the dating stuff escalates to a crazy finale of me exclusively dating Cameron; I meet Cameron's parents; Stressing out about internships

March - Went to Cameron's ranch for Easter which ended in a quick trip to the emergency room; Kept snowboarding and did a little bit of studying

April - My friends throw me the best surprise birthday party ever (I had absolutely NO idea); Cameron and I break up and then get back together a day later; Found a job at Marriott in Park City; Karina, Megan and I graduate at the same time; I move to Midway and Cameron moves home to Bicknell

May - Work begins at Marriott and is wonderful; See Cameron every two weeks or so

June - Work, work, work

July - Work, work, work; Help build Marriott's 4th of July float for the parade; Go to Lake Powell with Cameron's family; Go to Bear Lake with family

August - Help family get ready to move; More work, work, working; Offered an amazing job with Marriott in London but decided to stay with Cameron instead

September - Cameron and I both move back to Provo; We talk about getting married and he talks to my dad

October - We set a date for May 2nd; Lots and lots and lots of work and overtime

November - Cameron proposes on November 8th and we are engaged and start all the wedding plans; I get to spend Thanksgiving day with the Paces and have a wonderful time

December - Life is perfectly wonderful; Promotion at work; Christmas with the family and Cameron; The wedding planning continues

Looking back this has been a wonderful year full of more happiness than I could have ever imagined. I am so excited for this next year and all the new adventures that are coming.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh how exciting! I'm sure you will have the most wonderful year yet next year because being married is fantastic! It has been a good year and I liked reading your recap. Congrats on the promotion too!

Grace Face said...

wow, i had a hard time remembering what i did during the past two weeks... good job! i bet this year will be awesome too! you're getting married!!