Monday, December 15, 2008

A Cup of Christmas Cheer



This weekend we welcomed in the Christmas Spirit in grand style. On Friday, Cameron and I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra christmas concert with my friend Sarah and her husband Mark. It was spectacular!! When they had the choir and orchestra and bell choir and dancers it was quite the sight to behold. Their guest performer was Brian Stokes Mitchell who is a broadway performer. Some of his songs were a little cheesy but the concert was absolutely wonderful and brought in the Christmas spirit.


On Saturday, I braved the crowds at the mall to get some Christmas shopping done. Even the crowds seemed festive and excited. That evening I took Cameron out to dinner at Tucanos where we ate as much as we could possibly stand.


Sunday was the ward Christmas program and the choir and musical numbers were wonderful. There's something so magical about Christmas music. Later that afternoon, Jessica came over and had tea with Cameron and I and then I finished off the evening by reading the first chapter of "A Christmas Carol." I've decided to buy one Christmas book each year. This year was a hardcover, illustrated copy of "A Christmas Carol."

5 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun! And what a good idea about the Christmas books. I think I will do that too!

Rachel said...

How fun! I feel more Christmas Spirit now just from reading what you did!

Jessandra said...

You're getting into the Christmas Spirit - Yay! I think the snow has helped me with that. And thank you muchly for the tea - it was delicious!

Grace Face said...

that's very fun. way to be Christmasy! can't wait to celebrate it with you! (i just sounded like mom)

Annette said...

What a wonderful weekend. I'm glad you got to see the MoTab.