Thursday, October 21, 2010

Horrified

So, last night we hit Benjamin's fussy time - around 8 pm, and I could tell he was going to want to be held. I figured we'd do what I usually do (as long as Cameron isn't home) - dance around and sing songs. Well, I put on Mary Poppins thinking I could just sing along when I realized that I had to go to the bathroom. I will spare you the details and just say that I could tell it wasn't going to be the fastest trip. I could set Benjamin on the ground on his blanket. . . or maybe I could grab his chair and set it by the tv and he could listen to the music. I grabbed the chair and put him in it and as I took care of business I heard not one peep from him.
I went back into the living room to see . . . my two-month old son hooked to the tv. He was starring at it like Cameron stares at WWII aircraft. I grabbed his bottle and as I tried to feed him he kept trying to look at the tv until I turned it off.
Am I a terrible mother!? He's two-months old and can't even be a couch potato yet because he can't sit-up and already he is a tv junkie. And I thought this parenting thing would be easy. Hahaha

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha ha. I mean... GASP! It does seem a little early but I bet in 6 or 8 months you'll be glad if he can sit and watch TV for a while by himself.

Annette said...

Oh dear. At least it wasn't something really gross or life threatening. Welcome to the world of parenting!