Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Park City Update

I keep thinking I'll take pictures and then update my blog but it just doesn't happen. Here's a summer update without the pictures:
- We went to Lake Powell with all of my family and Cameron's family at the end of June. It was really fun even if everyone ended up with various sunburns. The water was great and I loved just floating on it.
- Both Cameron and I had to work on the 4th of July. So we celebrated on the 5th. We went to the Oakley Rodeo. It was a lot of fun. The rodeo was great and we had great seats.

- It is hot in Park City. Summer is officially here. We have now consumed 2 full bags of popsicles in the last month and have become expert smoothie makers as well.
- Work is going great. I love the crazy busyness of summer. The other day there were these two little boys, probably around 5 or 6, and they were talking to each other. One told the other one, "When you're grown up and a dad you have to kiss your wife on the mouth." The other one replied "No you don't. You don't have to." I had to walk away to keep from laughing too hard. Kids say the funniest things.
- It's nice to have Cameron working at the hotel as well. He was working at the airport cleaning planes for minimum wage. Not the greatest job. Now he is the delivery person for the hotel. So anyone who wants sheets or towels or cribs or whatever, he delivers it. A lot easier, no commuting, better hours, better pay and we can have lunch together. Can't beat that.
- Our baby is right on track and is as healthy as can be, according to the doctor. He is definitely very active, but only when he wants to be. Whenever my mom or sisters want to feel him kick he won't budge, but then when I'm trying to sleep or when we're sitting in Sacrament meeting, he'll start going crazy - like he's practicing karate moves or something.
I have a feeling he's going to be as stubborn and independent as his parents. 5 weeks to go!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for the update. That's great about Cameron's job. It must be nice to know he's so near by.

Rachel said...

I'm so happy to hear an update. It makes me think of good old times when we lived together. You make life fun, Lisa! Your little boy will be one lucky kid!

PLEASE take a picture of your pregnant self! PLEASE! It would just be so fun to see. :)