Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday

So another year has come and gone and I am now officially closer to 30 than to 20 (Yikes!). The day began very early, before the sun came up, since I had to be to work by 7 am. So with droopy eyes I dragged myself to the bathroom, went through my 10 minute get ready routine, and headed out the door already feeling sickly nervous about the two job interviews scheduled for that morning. I got to my car and to my amazement, found a card on the driver's seat. I had completely forgotten that Cameron has the extra set of car keys to my car.

Yes, it is cheesy but it was just what I needed that morning.
It was business as usual at work - well, except for the job interviews. I think they went fairly well. I really should not have been nervous since they were for a job promotion that I am already fulfilling. They did let me leave early since it was my birthday and I got home through flurries of snow and was so exhausted. I walked into my room to throw my bags down before starting to clean for cleaning checks and found a beautiful vase full of tulips from Mom and Dad.

I did some straightening and was just lying down to watch an episode of Psych or to sleep (whichever one ended up happening) when Jessica came over with even more beautiful flowers from her and Emily. They are just incredible and this picture really doesn't do them justice at all.

Jessica stayed and visited for a little while and ended up getting some unsolicited dating advice from me and Deborah (sorry, Jess). After she left I jumped in the shower and got a little more dressed up than my t-shirt and pajama pants and just as I finished getting ready, Cameron came over.
He brought me some new scriptures which is really wonderful because mine were completely in pieces since I have used them before and throughout and after my mission. He even had my name put on them and although it's kind of weird to see "Lisa Pace" on them, I kind of like it as well.

We went to his mission reunion for about 5 minutes (just long enough to give his mission president a wedding invitation) and then he took me to dinner at this great Italian restuarant - Otavios. It was SO good. It was a really fun atmosphere as well. We were back in a little corner and there was a man playing the accordian and singing italian opera walking around. I had a delicious primavera chicken and fettucinne with some amazing cheesy sauce on it. It was incredible.
After dinner we came back to my apartment and Cameron said we could watch whatever "girly movie" I wanted to. We watched "You've Got Mail" and then were both so exhausted we decided to call it a night. He went home to finish studying for a test and I quickly finished some cleaning before dropping into my bed.
All in all, it was a wonderful day and I realized that it was my family (including Cameron of course) that really made it wonderful. Thank you to you all :)

2 comments:

Grace Face said...

sounds pretty nice! happy birthday!

Annette said...

Glad you had a good day, soon to be Lisa Pace. I really like the sound of that.