We have had an awesome start to our summer.
We went camping down near Louisville. Caleb ended up getting his first stitches after a swing at the playground near the campsite came back and split his forehead open. It was plenty warm so we didn't even build a fire - just cooked dinner and roasted marshmallows over the coals.
We went to see "Fire Dancers" at the library. I think Cameron and I were expecting more Polynesian type fire throwers but the boys liked the interesting interpretive dance routines with fire plus they DID have a fire truck there which was definitely the coolest thing around.
Cameron and I went to a play in the park and saw "Hamlet."
We've done a lot of bike riding and playing outside with friends.
We saw a snake show at the library. This snake was huge and Ben was sooo proud of himself for petting it.
We went to the children's museum in town - the boys were so excited and moving so fast that I had trouble just keeping up with both of them. So no pictures.
We went to the city's "Touch-a-Truck" event where the boys got to climb on buses and trucks and race cars and police cars and tractors. They love love loved it.
We went to the Indianapolis Indians baseball game. During the first three innings every time they announced who was up to bat Ben would yell, "Go Jeff (or whoever was up to bat)! Do your best!" And he waved his little American flag high and proud for a LONG time.
It has been so much fun and there are a pile of adventures yet to come.
2 comments:
Cute pictures! Someone at my house would love "Touch a Truck"! Also I am sorry about the stitches incident. I have a feeling that I will have a few of those in my life with two little boys.
Wow! You have packed in a lot in the very early part of summer. What fun adventures and experiences your kids are having. Great job. Here to many more fun adventures and no more misadventures.
Post a Comment