Tuesday, January 15, 2013

So Much to Say

A blog is a lot like a journal. And much like my journal, I put it off, get behind and then feel overwhelmed with the chore of catching up. At that point in my journal writing this little line comes in, "I'll catch up later (hahaha) and just jump to what's going on now."
This time however I am going to try to just hit the highlights of our trip to Utah.
- Ben had his own seat on the flights and being able to strap a 2 yr old into a car seat for a flight makes the whole experience much more enjoyable.
- Ben and Caleb both had the flu and then passed it on to the majority of our family members (So so sorry!)
- I got to go shopping with Alyna and it was a blast. She is my fashion guru.
- We went to JC Penny to get family pictures taken. The boys were beyond grouchy and did not want to be there. Cameron claimed he would rather be forced to shop all day then do it again (strong words from him). Amazingly though, there were a few decent pictures that came out of all of it (thank you, Mom).


- I got to hang out with my mom and work on little projects and run errands with her which is always fun.
- Mindy and Jeran made a surprise visit. It was so fun to see them after two and a half years. And they got to meet Ben and Caleb.

- It snowed like crazy on the 24th. At dinner that night Cameron told Ben that Santa was stuck in the snow. He was REALLY worried about Santa the rest of the night. When I went to check on them an hour after they went to bed. Ben said, "Mommy, oh no, Santa stuck in snow!" Thank you, Cameron.
- We drove through snowy roads down to Bicknell.
- Ben had a great time going to the farm with the boys and feeding cows and riding horses.

- Jameson is home from his mission and it was so fun to spend time with him!


- We got to see all our grandparents and spend time with them.
-We had a wonderful trip and are grateful for all the presents and the laughs but MOST of all we are so grateful that we got to see all our family.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I wish I could see the bad pictures from Penny's