Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat

So our Halloween rule was that Ben had to be able to walk to the door on his own and say "Trick-or-treat" before we would let him go. I wasn't about to carry him around and ask for candy for him. It took a lot of practice over the last month but he finally mastered "trick or treat" and so away we went.




He did a great job and even told everyone thank you. But he REALLY didn't like any of the kids with masks. I thought the trick or treat-er with a sheet on and holes cut in it to be a ghost was going to reduce him to tears. He kept clinging to me and saying "ghost mommy ghost!"


Now where to hide all this candy . . .

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He's such a cute scarecrow! And nice work on the trick or treating! I loved your theme costumes!

Ethan was terrified of masks for the first three years of trick or treating, I think. We had our share of tears too!

Annette said...

He's growing up so fast. What a cutie pie!