This afternoon as we were watching general conference, Ben decided that his puppy (appropriately named Puppy) should watch as well. Ben sat puppy on the edge of the laptop to watch. Cameron warned "puppy" not to touch the keyboard buttons, but I guess puppy just couldn't resist. He tapped a few buttons so Ben promptly took him into the hall and sat him down in our time out spot while saying "Time out puppy. No touch puppy. No! No! Sit puppy!"
Cameron and I were trying our best to stifle our laughter as Ben rejoined us. After a moment he went back to puppy and picked him up and said, "Kisses puppy. Okay."
By that point Cameron had to grab a pillow and stick it on his face and I had to hide my face in a book.
Puppy didn't learn his lesson and "touched" the keyboard again and once again got put in time out. We could tell that this new found power might be practiced on poor puppy for a long time so we revealed another secret parenting technique to our little disciplinarian - redirection. The next time puppy headed for the keyboard we told Ben to show his toys to puppy. Amazingly, puppy lost interest in the keyboard and thus avoided a long night of sitting in the hall.
3 comments:
That is too stinking funny! Too smart for his own good!
Ahhh! I love this!
That is so hilarious! Love it! Kids are so awesome. lol!
Post a Comment