Thursday, April 21, 2011

Random Weekly News

I feel like we have been very busy but yet un-busy(?) at the same time. Here's a quick little update of life at the Pace Place.

Back Blow-out
Monday morning I went to get things for our garden, I was lifting a bag of potting soil and turned to put it on the cart in the very incorrect way to lift things and Kaboom! my back spasmed and I was in pain. I could barely walk to the front of the store. A nice old man helped me get Benjamin into the car and I called Cameron who helped us both into the house and stayed to keep an eye on us for the day. After half a day I could crawl around the house. Another day and I could slowly walk standing mostly upright. Two days of rest, drugs, a wonderful husband, and hot packs and we are up and running again.

Mr. Smarty Pants
Cameron is putting in looooooooooooong hours up on campus to get his final papers and projects done. One week of classes left and then finals week and we will be done - for a little while at least. All that hard work is paying off. Look what we have hanging on the fridge!
At least it's hanging on the fridge for now. A smart husband passed those smart genes onto his son who has figured out how to get past the coffee table and into the kitchen no matter how I position the table. My pots and pans have never received so much attention. :) I guess it's time to invest in a baby gate.

Wheezer
So the little bug has had this cough and runny nose for what seems like forever now. It sure doesn't slow him down but it worries me every once in a while. We went to the doctor just to check things out and they said he looks healthy but has a little wheezing in his lungs so for the next two weeks we get to use an inhaler twice a day. I can already see the wrestling matches to get him to hold still long enough to do it. Oh, boy!

Upcoming projects
I have so much I want and need to get done.
- I want to repaint a dresser that we have that I painted butterflies on when I was 13.
- We need to plant the garden and take care of it.
- I'd like to make a new picnic blanket.
- I'm starting a digital scrapbook.
- I want to sew a fort to go over the card table for Benjamin. I found pictures online of ones that look like racetracks, sunken ships, pirate hide-outs, regular houses with animals all around, castles, and tents. I'm not sure which one to do yet.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh! I am so sorry to hear about your back! I can just see you crawling around and I wish I could have helped!!

Repainting old furniture is fun, I am probably going to repaint my sewing table this summer too. Hope you post pictures.

And a baby gate, yes, totally worth the investment. :)

Mindy said...

Ack! Back pain is THE WORST! I'm glad you're feeling better.

Sarah Turpin said...

I love your first comment about being busy but unbusy because you feel that way with a mom of little ones. You are always being but a different busy. :) I love your blog and seeing what you are up to.

Annette said...

Oh dear! Glad to hear your back is doing a little better. That is the worst kind of pain there is but at least now you have a reference point when you go in and a Dr. asks you to rate your pain. Yeah for Cameron and Ben. What smart guys.