Monday, December 13, 2010

Bells, Toffee, Snowstorms, and Mohawks . . .It Must Be Christmas

It's been (and will continue to be) a busy time at our house. I love all the parties and festivities around Christmas. Friday night we had the ward Christmas party which was a lot of fun. Saturday morning, our stake took over all the Salvation Army bell ringing in town and I helped at a place in the mall with some other sisters from the ward. It was fun to see all the Christmas shoppers and the kids coming in to see Santa.
Later on, Benjamin and I made toffee, caramels and three different kinds of cookies while Cameron worked on his last project of the semester and studied for finals. We listened to a lot of Christmas music while we worked and had a great time.
Sunday morning we had the Christmas program in church and were going to have a Stake Christmas concert with full-orchestra and everything, that evening. I say "were" because a giant storm blew in between the time we got home from church and when the program was supposed to start. The wind was blowing snow drifts everywhere. Nothing too bad if you are used to a good Utah snowstorm, but for people in southern Indiana, it was pretty nasty. So instead, Cameron and I finished making cookies and wrapping caramels and took plates of goodies to some of our friends in the ward. We should give more away because there are way too many goodies lying around our house right now.
Finally, here is a picture of Benjamin's latest hair-do. His hair is getting really long but only on the top.

Only one more week until we head back to Utah! We are so excited to see family and friends.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm liking his hair! Very fun!! Could you email me your address?

racheltulip@gmail.com

Annette said...

I laughed and laughed. What a head of hair. Also, you are amazing! I can't believe how much you get done. Can't wait to see you all!!!!