Hold on to your hats ladies and gentlemen. The Pace family brings you an October update.
The second was Cameron's 25th birthday. We had many days of partying and good times to welcome him to the 2nd quarter century of life.

His bestest present (and not just because it was from me) was Wii Sports Resort which includes swordfighting, wakeboarding, archery, basketball, cycling, airplane dogfighting and much more.

Hours of fun have since been spent trying to push each other off the swordfighting platform. We also went to Tucanos with lots of family and friends and ate until our stomachs bulged.
This month we went on a fun Family Home Evening Outing to the Bean Muesum and I had many fond recollections of reptile shows and chasing leaping lizards. Did you know that a Dik is like a little miniature deer/gazelle? Who would have thunk.

Halloween came in full force this year with a week of celebrations. On Monday night we went to Cameron's cousins' house to carve pumpkins and frost sugar cookies with their family. Here is our creation "Silly Cameron" named by Lizzie (age 5). I think it bears a remarkable resemblance to normal Cameron.

Tuesday night we went to the Halloween High-Jinks concert by the Utah Symphony. It was a delightful evening and while I still think the group dressed as Willy Wonka and the Umpa-Loompas should have won the costume contest, the swine flu fairies were pretty good.
Cameron and I went as cowboy and indian mostly because I couldn't think of anything else I would be able to convince him to dress up as.


Well, the rest of the week was fairly normal. I had a work Halloween party on Friday and stole all the cowboy gear from Cameron. Sadly, I forgot to get pictures, but I must say that I look pretty good in chaps. Halloween day I worked and we were doing face painting. The kids that were getting their faces painted wanted to paint my face. I told them I was going to be an indian and this is what happened. . .

I think it all went downhill once the white unibrow, handlebar mustache and goatee came into play. But we still had fun. We ate more candy than is ever needful, watched Hocus Pocus and caused a wild ruckus that would have put the wild things to shame. Cameron, meanwhile, went with his family to a haunted house and ate a lot of pizza. All in all, an eventful holiday.

Now it's back to the studying and work. The GRE is one week away and today just happens to be our 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY!! Wow, we are so old :) I think we'll go eat sushi to celebrate.
That that's all folks!
4 comments:
hahaha i love your face paint. also Cameron's face in your cowboy and indian outfits. I laughed really hard.
me too! I laughed a lot at the kids' marvelous face painting job. Sounds like fun. Good luck with the GRE, Cameron!
Good job on updating! I love all your little memories and funness. I thought the kids did a fabulous job on your face. :)
You are so cute Lisa. Sounds like your October was great!
Post a Comment