Monday, January 12, 2009

The MountainSide Mania

Well, I suppose I should write about the fun times we've had in the last few weeks at work. Everything was going just fine, regular holiday crowds and everything, until New Year's Eve. For some reason this holiday invites large amounts of alcohol consumption which leads to brain damage and general stupidity. It all started when the employee who was over the pool that night went on a dinner break at 7 and decided he didn't want to come back. Well, because he didn't come back on one of the busiest nights of the year, the music that plays in the pool area was left on all night. This led to a very irritated guest going down to the front desk at 2 am to complain since his room was right next to the speaker for the pool. When the poor employee at the front desk couldn't figure out how to turn the music off, the guest jumped over the counter and started pushing the employee around and threatening him. This led to the guest being arrested for disorderly conduct. So, pretty much the employee that left has never come back and we were once again short-handed and everyone worked a 6-day week. So things were a little insane for a little while

Monthly employee meetings are always good for a laugh. This month was no different. We have a great pool attendent, who is also a little ditzy, named Jordan. We were talking about driving in the snow and said that if anyone fills uncomfortable driving with the conditions, it would be best to just cancel the activity. Jordan then piped in and said, "Yeah, when it's snowing a lot I put my snowboard helmet on while I drive." When we started laughing at this, she said, "What's so funny?? I think everyone should wear helmets when they drive. That way your body may be smashed and dead but your head will be okay." Hmmmmm . . .

The rest of the meeting consisted of a snowshoe hike up the mountain and then sledding down the ski slopes on our plastic saucer sleds (good thing we had the snowshoes on to use as breaks). It was a very enjoyable afternoon and the supervising has been a nice new challenge. I love that every day is completely different and full of new adventures.

2 comments:

Annette said...

It does sound a little crazy and a lot of fun. How much snow is there in PC? I hope Marriot knows how lucky they are to have you! Can you imagine just not deciding to come back into work. Some people are amazingly stupid.

Grace Face said...

sounds like fun! how come you always get awesome jobs?